Mind the Gap
Bridging the Gap between Wanting to be a Leader and Getting There.
A Practical Guide for Women in Anesthesia.
If you attended the ASA Virtual Meeting presentation on October 3rd, or are watching the recording, here are the recommended readings about Sponsorship, with links to the articles. Each will open in a new window.
- Forbes: How to Turn a Mentor Into a Sponsor
- HBR: A Lack of Sponsorship Is Keeping Women from Advancing into Leadership
- HBR: Sponsors Need to Stop Acting Like Mentors
- HBR: What Men Can Do to Be Better Mentors and Sponsors to Women
- HBR: Women are Over-Mentored (but Under-Sponsored) *podcast episode
- NYT: Mentors Are Good. Sponsors Are Better.
- The Muse: 3 Smart Ways to Upgrade Your Elevator Pitch
- The Muse: The People Who Can Open More Career Doors Than You Ever Thought Possible
Of note, the most useful references on this topic, as well as the others in our SnapTalk presentations, do not come from typical medical references, but from the various business and tech sites that talk about professional development.
I may have periodic updates, but will note which items are new.